Sunday 4 January 2015

My Way: How I took my book to the top of the charts...and how you can too! by David P. Perlmutter

It was with some trepidation that I approached My Way by David P Perlmutter as, often times this type of `how to' book can leave you feeling more confused and inept than ever. Not so, however, with this one. Perlmutter metaphorically takes you by the hand and leads you through the various sections (twitter, blogging, facebook etc) designed to help you market your book. The premise of the book is that Perlmutter himself is the author of a bestselling book and he is sharing the marketing tools that he used in order to achieve this. The strength of the book lies in the fact that it seems to have been written from the heart. Perlmutter genuinely seems to want to help other writers to achieve the same success and his tone throughout is warm, encouraging and sincere. I came at the book as a technically challenged, marketing disaster and found it incredibly useful. I'm not sure how much success adopting Perlmutter's advice will bring but prior to reading My Way I had done only a fraction of the strategies he has recommended. I like the way the book is set out in sections so someone like me, with not much know how, can easily refer back to specific advice. If you struggle to get your head around social media and all things technical then I don't think you can go wrong with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment